Thursday, March 5, 2009

Perspective

There is an image that I have stuck in my head, of Diane Sawyer standing in front of what used to be the World Trade Center, or as close as she could get to that spot, on the day of the attacks.  The air is full of debris, and especially, sheets of paper are floating to the ground all around her.
 
She notices all of the paper, grabs one of the sheets as it drifts past her, and says something along the lines of, "All of this paperwork was important to somebody, just yesterday."
 
 
And....that is where my head is at right now, as I pile through this stack of paperwork.  In the grand scheme of things, it is incredibly unimportant.
 
 
But somebody made a point to stop by my desk and explain to me how incredibly important that pile of paper is, and they did the figurative finger-poking-chest thing, too, to stress just how damn important and time sensitive it is.
 
 
Still, I cannot bring myself to give a shit...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are loosely monitored by lazy blog owner.