Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Self-Imposed No Fly Zone

Wow--it's been a weirdly invigorating couple of weeks.  I don't know exactly how to describe it.  One little thing happens, and that little thing reminds me of a rush of other things that happened 20-odd years ago, all of which are just like something that is going on right now, only now I know better, because I already went through this exact thing, 20-odd years ago. 
 
The difference being, I was a complete idiot then, and now I'm less of an idiot.  I hope.
 
 
It's like a million little puzzle pieces are falling into place, and an actual picture is forming.  Not a moment too soon!  I've been wandering around, wondering "WTF?" for a couple of years now...I'm glad all of those past experiences, in which I had originally self-destructed (with the help of copious amounts of alcohol and sex), are sort of playing themselves out again--I didn't ask for a re-do, but I guess I get one, and that is cool.  I'll do better.
 
 
Unfortunately, again, these are things that don't get blog coverage--the back-stories are too long and complicated, and, in the interest of privacy of the parties involved (ahem...we were up to some SHIT, is all I'm sayin'--things I will not be sharing with my children, unless maybe Dr. Drew gets involved...) we'll refrain from telling the "real" stories...
 
...though you may find me tip-toe-ing around the fringe from time to time. 
 
Besides, it would take me months to introduce all the characters.  I was actually telling one of the stories to someone who KNOWS many of the parties involved and even they went a little blank on the significance.  No matter--it all makes sense in my head. 
 
To my dear friends, let me just say that if and/or when you all become my novel, NO, you may not have royalties, and also, I'm sorry.  So very, very sorry.  We were too interesting.  Please don't kill me for not doing a better job disguising your identities.  Oh, and also, Robert Pattinson is too pretty to play any of you in the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are loosely monitored by lazy blog owner.