Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I'm Still Lobbying...

...to get bullet points considered in the same arena as "actual writing".  I'll let you know how that goes.
  • 15-Grain bread.  I buy it, and I eat it and I love it, and also?  I have to ask, how many grains are too many?  How many can you fit?  15 is a LOT.  15 Grain Bread is a bunch of seeds, barely held together by some variety of whole wheat flour and water paste and then baked.  If I could spread peanut butter on the seeds alone, I'd skip the "bread".
  • No I wouldn't.
  • Farnoosh Brock wrote a nice article about 10 things to do to get over your fear of public speaking.  I started to read it, then realized that I've never, ever had a fear of public speaking so I don't really need the article, but I thought I would share with those of you who lack my foolhardiness--check it out here. 
  • My co-worker and I are both wearing orange sweaters and black capri's today.  What are the chances?  We'd be twins if, uh, if she wasn't from Ghana, Africa and I wasn't sickly Scotch-Irish pale.  Her orange looks quite dramatic and lovely next to her skin and mine looks like the novelty that it is.
  • I must tell you, I may be irrationally excited about the sweater.  I've never owned an orange....anything.  That may be the reason I had a sort of orange lust when I found it on a clearance rack for all of 4 dollars.  I bought it, then brought it home to wave it in front of the children with the excitement I usually reserve for chocolate cake.  I'm sure they'd be jealous if they only knew how exciting it was to be wearing orange.
  • Can you hear my mother laughing?  I yelled at my kid to "Turn it down please!"  Oh yes, I did.  While it is a decidedly rare occurrence in my house, yelling at a kid to turn down their stereo made me feel incredibly old.  I tell myself that I didn't yell because I didn't like the music she was playing, but rather that Justin Bieber singing, well, anything, really sucks the life out of scene when you're trying to watch House
  • Speaking of music, I have yet to get sick of that Panic At The Disco CD, Pretty. Odd.  I've been trying to reach my capacity for enjoyment of this CD for two years.  Two Years.  Two years it's been riding around in my car with me, (Disc 6 in the changer at the moment...), rolling through regular rotation, and I listen to it, and listen to it, and listen to it, but the damn thing just doesn't suck.  What the hell?  I'm at a loss to explain it.  Please feel free to take on this experiment and let me know if you have different results.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are loosely monitored by lazy blog owner.