Friday, October 22, 2010

The Thing That Happens When You Actually Sit Down To Write

Somewhere on the road between Fargo and Grand Forks, you get about an hour with the teeny-weeny keybaod on your phone while The Kid drives...


--Listening to The Used singing their cool remake of the Queen/Bowie song "Under Pressure" and realizing with some certainty that Freddie Mercury's original ad-lib scat singing is something no other human should try to replicate. And I mean that in the nicest possible way. 
--Also noted on this trip, Tom Petty's "You Wreck Me" has always been, and will continue to be a bit of ass-shaking perfection
--Gone the way on the dino, but of no importance to anyone: colored toilet paper. Huh? Anyone? Yeah, I told you it was completely unimportant...
--We toured a college (which will remain un-named for the moment, and you will soon learn why...) that my teenager declared "not pretty enough". And...that was actually one her reasons for not wanting to attend classes there. Yeah...
--I dunno--all of my friends who went to school there are among my favorite people on the planet, so I know it turns out good people...either that or they were REALLY awesome before, and somehow managed to stay awesome in spite of the school?  Naaaah...
--By the way, "pretty enough" by teenage definition is apparently something along the lines of Oxford University. Feel free to toss your head back and laugh at this point. I sure did.
--One more note about college--WOW, have things turned spa-like since I attended college 872 years ago! The food options alone make me wish I was 18 again. And free state of the art fitness center? Uh, Hello!?!?  Not pretty enough...
--Speaking of food options, I ate a seafood enchilada last night that made me rather happy to be alive.
--I have become the second-to-last person on the planet to switch to a flat screen tv...or at least my kind neighbor who intercepted my package delivery yesterday in my absence assure me that there is one of those sitting in my living room right now.  Woo! More couch time!

1 comment:

  1. oh no. here in granola-ville, there are people with (gasp!) no. televisions!!! Let alone flat screens. I personally have a 97 pound monster with strange color perception around various edges......and a flat screen doesn't work with my corner setup and my cats. So I spend my money on yarn and jewelry. Yep, got it all rationalized.
    Strangely enough, also here in G-ville, colored tp--much in evidence. Not in my house, but still....

    May have some narcotics on board; sorry so chatty!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are loosely monitored by lazy blog owner.