Thursday, January 21, 2010

Random Notes and Quotes

Waking up at 3:15AM and working until 7PM is pretty sucky, and, I'm tired, so, I'm going to quote a whole bunch of people here, and kind of improv off of their stuff, OK?  

OK.  

I mean, I would (should) just go to bed, but, this stuff has been calling to me all day.

A quote from the article I linked earlier... "Every one of us is born with a gift to share with the world. Many people choose mediocrity, because that makes it easier to fit in at school and in the wider world.  But mediocrity does not lead to success." 

And then there was this from Rev Run... 

"Two ways to make people hate you:  Do something really wrong or do something really right!

You can sync that right up next to the Justin Currie quote about how if you're going to feel guilty anyway, you might as well do something really awful.

Oh!  And "It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for something you are not."--Andre Gide 

Rev also said, "Go where you're celebrated, not where you're tolerated." 


Here are some other things I learned, from HH Dalai Lama: 


"If the mind is dominated by hatred, the best part of the brain which is used to judge right and wrong, does not function properly." 

And

"Your enemy is your best friend."

Today, I discovered that I am (still) capable of inspiring great, seething hatred.  SEETHING!  Woooo!  Didn't know I still had it in me!  Somebody actually told me that I made them sick!  First of all, please know that I find this to be a most delightful thing, and, I'm laughing--not because somebody hates me, as it's never fun to have intentions that you thought were pure be so wildly mis-interpreted that people's stomachs churn.  I don't hate anybody--you know I'm all about the love around here--frankly, I'm too busy for that kind of plotting nastiness, anyway.  I need my entire brain.  Yes, I will call you on your shit, but you know what they say...don't start nothin', won't be nothin'. 

When I say I'm laughing, I don't mean that I'm laughing AT someone, I'm just laughing because wow, yesterday, I didn't know anyone cared, and today, I know who does.  Or, really, really doesn't, as the case may be.  This is information that I seek, from just about everyone on a nearly continuous basis.  Life moves at a crazy pace--who are you taking with you?  Who are you following?  Are you moving at all?  Are those people "with" you, or are they thinking something completely different?  Again, are you moving?  Or are you just hangin' out?  What if you don't know if those people are with you?  Well, keep asking until you find out.  I mean, you don't have infinite time here on this planet--chop, chop.  When somebody tells you to fuck off, trust me, it's a good thing--permission to vacate!  You've got shit to do...that person just did you a huge favor.  Up until that moment, they were just tolerating you, or, in their heads, "allowing" you to hang out with them, which is their version of doing you a favor.  Which is bullshit.

As Ali Brown said in the article, "What doesn't fit you anymore?" Your current business? Job? Friends? Activities? Responsibilities? Hobbies? Clothes? Let go of what doesn't feel like the true you."

I knew when I was saying those things today that I was going to get yelled at and banished from the clubhouse or whatever, but you know what?  I did a "right" thing.  I truly, truly believed everything I said, to the core of my very soul, and it's not that I'd never said that kind of thing before, it just happened to coincide with the end of niceties.  (And no, it had nothing to do with my job...)   

Oh well.  Like I've said before--I sign my name to everything I say, and I own it, and I put all the cards on the table every time I open my mouth--trust me, I wasn't gambling with anything I wasn't willing to walk away from.

Anyway....that was my day.  How was YOUR day? hehe...


The Dalai Lama also said,  "Sleep is the best meditation."

With that, I wish you a good night, and a most delicious tomorrow... 

1 comment:

  1. Silly me, reading internets w/o my glasses so early in the morning (hehe).

    I thought you said sheep were the best medicine. Yes, of course they are. Along with llamas and other yarn-y critters......

    ReplyDelete

Comments are loosely monitored by lazy blog owner.