Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Chock-Full of Random-y Goodness

  • Got an email from the Science Museum of Minnesota, announcing the on-sale for the exhibition of the greatest of all rock and rollers, King Tut, and now, of course, all I can think of is how he "gave his life for tourism", because that's just how funny Steve Martin is.
  • Got another email announcing a "Live Mohair Competition".  Of course I opened it.  Who wouldn't?  I mean, knitting?  Live?  Yeah, baby!  Much more exciting than some dead guy.  (Was that sarcastic?  Because that was supposed to be sarcastic.  Any word on that sarcasm font?  Anyone?  Anyone?)
  • Interesting to note that the dead guy is still touring and he's coming to my town, but, you have to buy a plane ticket to see the knitting.  Oh, Vogue.  I love you so much....You're almost the only entity in the world who can get away with telling me what to do.
  • I went to parent/teacher conferences last night, and one of my 10th grader's teachers suggested that I might be her sister.  It was, far and away, the lamest thing I'd ever heard in my life.  Of course I lapped it up like a dehydrated beagle.  Similarly, a person at my office, who is 30 years old, figured that I must be about 8 years older than her.  Yeah.  Needless to say, I made no effort to correct her.
  • I conned my boss into giving us a "Casual Week" because....well, just for the hell of it, really.  So here we all are in our jeans and slippers (shut up) and wouldn't you just know that every other department on our floor chose this week to step it up and wear heels and skirts and suits?  GAH!  I hate you guys!  Where were all the sloppy, schleppy clothes you all had on last week?
  • Noted:  Writing blog posts does NOTHING to prevent one from succumbing to the effects of the freezing cold office, where the air temp isn't high enough to thaw a Thanksgiving bird.  Time to switch back to the excitement of live knitting...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are loosely monitored by lazy blog owner.