Wednesday, September 15, 2010

We Now Return To Your Regularly Scheduled WhateverTheHellThisIs

Remember the olden days, ancient times, when you'd be watching a television program and then *POOF!*  the screen would go blank or static-y and after a time, the television station would put up a graphic apologizing for the problem and begging for your patience through the technical difficulties?
 
They actually used the words, "We're sorry" and everything.
 
It just occurred to me while writing the title for this post that I haven't heard anyone say "We now return to your regularly scheduled programming" for a very long time.  They used to air that announcement after the President spoke, too, or if they had a breaking news or weather story that interrupted a broadcast.
 
And most of those apologies happened during my Soaps, thankyouverymuch.
 
 
 
Nobody apologizes for disruptions anymore--did you notice that?
 
 
Or is it just that I don't watch soap opera's anymore?  For all I know, they are apologizing all over the place, and I'm just not paying attention.
 
 
Anyway....
 
 
I had an epiphany last night.  Nothing too exciting, just a sudden realization that I no longer give a shit, so, in a sense we are returning to where we were before the start of the summer, before my stress level shot through the roof.
 
After the epiphany, I fell asleep and had a dream about a grand, beautiful home filled with fine furniture.  I have dreamed about that house dozens of times, but not lately--nothing like stress to suck all of the success thoughts right out of your head.
 
Those of you following along in your dream books at home will know that the beautiful house is very much a place of comfort, in a good financial omen sort of way--not that I am expecting anyone to throw money or anything, but hopefully we'll get back to the "The Harder I Work, The Luckier I Get" mode that I'm used to.
 
Did I mention how I love the Fall?
 
Anyway--we now return you to your regularly scheduled WhateverTheHellThisIs
 
 
Hope I didn't interrupt anyone's Soaps.

1 comment:

  1. Are there still soaps on? LOL Seems like they are all dying out... My life is a soap. And you can interrupt that any day of the week. WOOHOO. Yes you can.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are loosely monitored by lazy blog owner.