Thursday, August 20, 2009

Well, That Was Weird...

OK...to summarize:  The week started off crazy, and then there was a tornado.
 
 
I have heard no reports of injury related to the tornado, and have decided not to count the near heart attack I had while sitting miles away in my cozy marble and redwood office building, I started receiving texts from two teenage girls (mine) advising that there was a FREAKING TORNADO just a few blocks from where they were, home alone.
 
 
Because I am very, very old, and therefore have slow texting hands, I just hit "call" for the purposes of barking instructions at them, but nobody answered their phones. 
 
 
And...I would like to take this opportunity to thank my children for not answering their phones and causing that second near heart attack.  Someday, the universe will get them back for that.  Kind of like how my friend didn't answer his phone or return my calls for a whole week after the bridge collapsed.  Special place in hell, is all I'm sayin'...
 
 
The kids and I were able to connect with each other very soon after, though, and I discovered everything was OK at our house, but I was still rattled.  It was one of those moments where you look at whatever project you're working on and realize that it's rather pointless and unimportant compared to just being where-ever your children are, so, I ditched for the rest of the day.
 
 
All things considered, I found "tornado" to be a really great distraction, and obviously, I say that only because nobody was injured or killed.  Nothing for the rest of the month is going to seem like that big of a deal, so, that's cool, right?

2 comments:

  1. One of the top ten ways to feel utterly helpless. Glad to hear all is well though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For you, too! I heard it was headed in your direction after our little "visit"...

    ReplyDelete

Comments are loosely monitored by lazy blog owner.