Thursday, August 6, 2009

And Then, There Was Some Stupidity...

...and I reacted in my usual way, feeling high and mighty, but, sadly, not able to stay above the fray.
 
 
Work has been crazy.  Crazy, like, "Hey, Shelly, we're gonna do this new thing!  It'll be GREAT" and then the new thing is implemented and I can't help but wonder why it is so much less great than the old thing.  Then you gotta put it through the grinder and work with it until you have a usable thing.
 
And then, it IS great!  But it takes a bit of work.
 
Still, this is better than when they implement a new thing and DON'T tell you that they did, in which case you have to pause for a "WTF?", regain your bearings and THEN put it through the grinder.
 
I'm still waiting for that thing to become great.  I'm not so sure it has what it takes.  We'll see.
 
 
I'm not really in a position to be in on the decision-making process, and it's not like I expect anything to be run past me first, I'm just a huge proponent of COMMUNICATION...so simple....makes things run smoothly and easily, for everyone.  I say, if you're going to do a new thing, explain why, at least.  I'm not against new and different.  In fact, I'm a big fan.  I mean, obviously there is a reason for every change--why not share that reason with the peasants?  After all, we're the ones dragging the freaking plows...I'm just sayin'.
 
 
So that has been my last two weeks in a nutshell.  And although I say that all of this crap is annoying (it is), it does engage my mind in some good ways--the problem-solver brain comes out and fixes everything, and it is incredibly energizing.  I am so uncomfortable with discord, drama, frustration and confusion--to the point that eliminating those things is almost compulsive, but I think the work is good and necessary, even if I'm the only one patting me on the back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are loosely monitored by lazy blog owner.