Thursday, April 16, 2009

Pause For Parental Happy

Let me tell you a little bit about the Punkster...

She's like me, only...not. She's stubborn as hell (like me), and all of my friends have come to know her by her "other" name, which is Arguing Annie, a name bestowed upon her by her father and his wife, years ago, before she actually got good at the art of the beat-down. If only they could see her now.

She's also all about hangin' with friends, relaxing, having a good time, and that is ABSOLUTELY me, all the way. I don't think she looks a lot like me--more like a combo of her dad and my brother Randy--but she's been the cutest thing for so long...and I suppose she used it to her advantage for WAY too long, but, that's another post.

We differ in one small way, and that is that I am what I would like to consider a "thorough" person (detail-oriented freak, if you prefer), and she...not so much. She'd just rather hang with friends than, say, clean her room to any liveable level, put shoes on before going outside, do the dishes (her dish night takes three to four days), or study, or, any of that other dumb stuff. You can imagine what her grades looked like. OK, you don't have to imagine it, I'll TELL you!

Crap! They looked like CRAP!

I never had any serious grade issues when I was in middle or high school--I'm not sure why, it was just very easy for me. I think that it is probably easy for her, too, she'd just really rather be doing something else.

Anyway...I got a phone call yesterday from the child herself, advising that after a long, loooooong battle between us regarding her grades, that she is now practically acing everything, and that the lowest grade she has is just one C. Dramatically different from the many F's of months ago.

First of all, I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for being totally stunned by this revelation.

And I would also like to say...

Wow! Holy Wow! How did you do that? I mean, seriously, you NEVER study! hehe...


In honor of No F's, I would like to share a series of pictures of Cissy NOT studying, because finally, after all this time, she has made it work for her. Yay!




I'm not sure what it is that I am supposed to give her crap about now that she is getting all those A's....her room is still a disaster, so, maybe I'll start there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are loosely monitored by lazy blog owner.