Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Painless, Non-Surgical Technology!*

Amazing what a good night of perspective-aligning dreamless sleep will do...

I'm actually quite busy today, but did want to share some Linky Love--over at Rock Your Day, Dave's talking about How To Get Through Damn Near Anything, another well timed thing that just popped up.

I remember when I was well into my second year of I Have A Headache Every Day, one day just waking up and thinking, "Well, this sucks, I don't wanna do this anymore" and literally changing my mind about the whole headache thing. Its not that I didn't still have the diagnosed and documented physical issue, since the arthritis was still there in my neck, and the funky neurological thing was still there, too. I just didn't like what I had become, which was basically a disabled person, so, I decided not to be her anymore, and, just like that, I wasn't!

Ta-Dah!

Simple?

Yesterday, by the way, I had a BITCH of a headache all day. Head, face, neck...extreme pain. But it was like I had just fallen back into it, like some kind of pain habit, because normally, I am focusing on other things and don't notice it. Yesterday, I was just focusing on hurt. Your body listens, people--your body listens. Today, with so much to do, no headache. Funny how that works, isn't it?


*Google, you creep me out, seriously...I write about pain and headaches and stuff in my gmail compose mode, and the ads that pop up on the side are all freaking miracle cures...so, I totally stole one of their tag lines for the title of this post. Apparently spinal decompression is all the rage, by the way--I'm not sure I even want to know what that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are loosely monitored by lazy blog owner.