Friday, September 26, 2008

Fluent In Gibberish

I may not have anything to talk about today, but I don't like to leave political conversations hanging up over the weekend, so, I suppose we could discuss cute boys or something, just to keep it light...?
  • I'm reading Ian Shane's Radio Radio, and, surprise, surprise, I recognize every character.  I appreciate that he started the book with this quote from Hunter S. Thompson--"The radio business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where pimps and thieves run free, and good men die like dogs.  There is also a negative side."  El Fucking Oh El, my friend...
  • More than I appreciate the fact that My Space finally created a profile music player that holds more than one song, I am in LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE with the fact that Sting made his most wonderful song "Straight To My Heart" available for schmoh's like me to add to our little playlist thingies.  "Thingie" being the technical term.  "Straight To My Heart" is an absolute delight from one end to the other--one of my favorite songs of ALL TIME.  I would normally direct you to the man himself to hear that song, but, you may have trouble finding it in the fat volume of work on Sting's page, so, just see me instead, and it will pop right on, MmmmKay?  (And then you'll hear a bunch of pop songs, for which I have no excuse other than the "I'm a girl" thing.  Hives Rule.  Thank you.).
  • And if you need further proof that Sting is, or at least, was at one time, the King of the Known World, check out "I Burn For You", as well.  Everybody should be singing that to somebody.  I'm just sayin'.
  • Did I ever tell you that the first time I heard The Kooks, I couldn't understand a damn thing they were singing and had to spend a week with a lyric sheet in front of me?  Juuuust a wee bit different from that Sconnie accent that I finally aced.  Next, I'm going to learn Mandarin.  How hard could it be?  I mean, I'm already unbelievable bad at Spanish and German, so, having some new thing to completely brutalize will be no big deal, right? 
  • Never mind the fact that I learned all my Spanish and German from beer labels...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are loosely monitored by lazy blog owner.