Thursday, August 11, 2016

You're Late

Too long to tweet, to tempting not to mention:

  • Malia...Yeah...I remember when I had The Talk with my kids about marijuana. It went like this: "Nobody really gives a shit about marijuana..."  OK, OK...I did expand on that somewhat, due to my deeply held belief that you need to have a job, and one should not interfere with the other, blah, blah, blah, but honestly, I have attended funerals of young people caught up in real shit, and there are some very scary things out there, killing kids. Pot is not one of them. Now, we can argue about the developing brain til we all keel over--I find those points valid and I'm personally a "moderation in most things" type, but in a billion years, you will never convince me that occasional pot use is going to ruin anybody.
  • This would be a good time to insert the story about how, after having to get up in the middle of the night to drag my sorry ass home after I was arrested for underage drinking, my father's advice to me was, "You're gonna do some shit, I get that...just don't get caught." Thanks, dad.
  • In case anyone is wondering, yes, my mother wanted to kill the both of us.
  • Meanwhile, I discovered that my mother still thinks my 3 brothers are perfect, which is great news! 
  • I have four brothers, by the way. Other Brother and I will be over in the corner, rolling our eyes and drinking beer.
  • This would be a good time to mention that one of the perfect brothers smokes a LOT of pot...not sure what that means in terms of parenting skill, but I'm 100% certain his mom never had the super-awesome Drugs Talk with her kids that I did with mine.
  • The working title of this post was "Bad Metaphorical Scotch". Kind of like how "Scrambled Eggs" was the working title of "Yesterday." (Random Beatles trivia for days, people...)
  • Things That Make You Go Grrr: People who are late to everything. A person who works with me, one with whom I have most of my meetings, is late to virtually every meeting. OK, not virtually--I actually mean EVERY meeting. When it is a bunch of other people in the meeting, we chat amongst ourselves until the person shows up. When it is just the two of us? There is smoke rolling out of my ears.
  • Oh rats, someone asked me to peer eval that Late to Every Meeting person. Bummer.
  • Here's a cool pic I took.
  • This would be a good time to talk about that camera! I don't really have one. I just have my phone in my back pocket. On Instagram or Twitter there is other evidence of me being able to squeeze out an OK photo using only a phone, so if you like that kind of thing, go nuts. Sorry, no Facebook, unless we actually know each other in real life or if you had some level of previous access (I think there are exactly 2 "friends" of mine on Facebook that I have never met in real life--they apparently know people I know. I have no plans to meet either of them. Well, one of them is a Dallas Cowboys fan, and there's really not much you can do with that...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are loosely monitored by lazy blog owner.