Monday, May 2, 2011

Get A Job!

I have been on a quest to rid myself of the little balls of Yarn Without Jobs.  

Those lazy freeloaders!

They sit around, taking up space, and generally being jerks about it because they are not big enough to do any heavy lifting on a real project.

I decided to recruit them to be "extras", and am powering through a few pairs of slippers to clean out the inventory.

In all honesty, I don't actually know how to make slippers, though I can recite a sock recipe even before I've had my coffee, so what I'm calling "slippers" is actually a sock formula, only knit with acrylic worsted weight on an almost-too-small needle to make a stiffer, and crazy durable fabric.

The picture above is a toe-up Sockipper, 2nd of a pair, made in what has been my favorite color combo for the last few years, dark brown and torquoise.  

I swear, this is the last dark brown and torquoise yarn in the house.

Promise.

Of course, this sets me up to buy more dark brown and torquoise yarn...but I'm thinking of switching to orange as my new weird obsession. Who's with me?

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi

1 comment:

  1. Go for it. Orange only makes things better! I love turq and brown too, but more milk choco brown, not dark.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are loosely monitored by lazy blog owner.