Thursday, June 16, 2016

Whiskey for My Men

I noticed today that it was exactly one year ago that Mr. Drumpf announced his candidacy for President.

At the time, I made my usual political bet with the person I usually engage in these things, my old friend Greg.

Greg and I, when we get to talkin' about politics, call ourselves "Tip and the Gipper" because though we disagree, it's usually pretty friendly and there is whiskey involved.

Or, it's usually pretty friendly BECAUSE there is whiskey involved.

Your mileage may vary.

The bet was a bottle of whiskey of winner's choice (always the same prize) that D Rumpf wouldn't make it to the top 3 in the Republican primary.


I lost.


We also had running bet regarding Governor Christie's chances--that was an old bet, from back in the Bridge-gate days.


I won.


Unfortunately, the two bets have canceled themselves out, and no bottles of whiskey have been exchanged.


What a shit deal this election has been so far, huh?



Oh, who am I kidding?  We both won, we both get whiskey.

Also, we both lost....and we both get whiskey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are loosely monitored by lazy blog owner.