Thursday, November 17, 2016

It's a Meme. With My Apologies.

A friend posted these questions with her answers ... I am reposting with my answers.

I do not believe for one second that this passes for "content." Just killing space, and I haven't done one for ages.


1. Are you named after someone? I am, but to explain, I'd have to tell you my real name, soooo...

2. When is the last time you cried? Happy to report it was at least a month ago. Woo!

3. Do you like your handwriting ? Meh. I did at one time, but barely write anything other than a shopping list by hand anymore.

4. What is your favorite lunch meat? Roast Beef. Except when it's Ham.

5. Do you have kids? Two

6. If you were another person, would you be friends with you? I'm awfully annoying, so I'm not sure. I like me enough to be alone with me, so there's that...

7. Do you use sarcasm? No. (see what I did there...?)

8. Do you still have your tonsils? Yes, but missing other non-essential body parts.

9. Would you bungee jump? No. Not afraid of it, necessarily, but I have a spinal thing that wouldn't like the jolt. I don't ride roller coasters for the same reason.

10. What is your favorite kind of cereal? Cereal...I miss cereal. Does oatmeal count? Just load it up with blueberries and walnuts and stuff so I feel like I'm eating something. I haven't bought cold cereal in years, and just realized that I have a box of (unopened) Rice Chex in the cupboard so, for fun, I'm going to check the "best by" date after I finish this meme.

11. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? Yes--that's why I'm so slow to take them off and end up tracking all over the house.

12. Do you think you're strong? I am strong, and smart, but it tends to be off-putting to certain people so I play dumb a lot.

13. What is your favorite Ice Cream? Stephen Colbert's Americone Dream is the best ice cream ever made. (She said, with confidence.) Ben and Jerry's knocked that one out of the park.

14. What is the first thing you notice about people? If they seem friendly.

15. Which color would you pick red/pink? Red. No reason.

16. What is the least favorite thing you like about yourself? I'm going to say this very carefully: I think too much. I obsess. If something confuses me or if I'm curious about a thing I'll investigate the hell out of it until I reach a conclusion that will allow me to stop obsessing. Example: If I have a crush on someone I find out every stupid thing there is to know about them til I find something that turns me off enough to stop. Usually this doesn't take long--everyone has at least one deal breaker. If I am trying to solve a problem at work, I usually pester the hell out of everyone about it until I get to where I want to be. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY takes anything as seriously as I take minor things that get stuck in my craw.

17. What color pants and shoes are you wearing? Shoes? I work at home--there are no shoes, here. And blue jeans.

18. What was the last thing you ate? The BEST thing: Fresh pear with Havarti Cheese and Walnuts. Delicious.

19. What are you listening to right now? Someone is typing. Oh, that's me. Typing.

20. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? ...? Not a clue!

21. Favorite smell? Currently Dolce and Gabbana Rosa Excelsa, which is insanely good.

22. Who was the last person you spoke to on the phone? If not one of my daughters, then my friend Greg.

23. Favorite sport to watch? I don't follow much, but started watching Vikings football so my friend didn't have to watch it alone and then they started losing so I stopped, because that is the kind of fan I am!

24. Hair color? Whatever is on the bottle, darling...

25. Eye color? Blue-ish, leaning grey or green.

26. Do you wear contacts? No

27. Favorite food to eat? I like it all. ALL of the food.

28. Scary movies or happy ending? Happy endings

29. Last movie you watched? Amie, so I could hear people speaking French. I can read it, but have no ear for it, whatsoever.

30. What color shirt are you wearing? Grey sweatshirt with a multi-colored KDWB logo

31. Summer or Winter? Winter. Yes, I know...that's weird. Summer is OK, but I think we pile a lot of expectations into it, so it ends up being weird. Winter is just..."go shovel snow, drive carefully, dress warm..." Pretty simple.

32. Hugs or kisses? Depends on who is doing the hugging/kissing.

33. What book are you reading? Reading a few books. I have a poetry book that I read out loud because I think it's good for your ear to do that. I'm also reading one of Mindy Kaling's books (I think she has more than one...?) that I bought to read on a plane and then ended up setting aside when I got home. Sorry Mindy! Love the book, though. And I have a James Baldwin collection that I'm reading. Not enough hours in the day to do any of them justice.

34. Who do you miss right now? I'm not sure I miss anyone at the moment.

35. What is on your mouse pad? A company logo. I work for the company, so that's all you get.

36. What is the last TV program you watched? The Crown on Netflix. More, please.

37. What is the best sounding noise? Justin Currie singing. Duh.

38. Rolling Stones or The Beatles? Beatles

39. What is the furthest you have ever traveled? Hawaii. I'll be back!

40. Do you have a special talent? Obscure pop culture references.

41. Where were you born? Little Speck on the Prairie, North Dakota.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are loosely monitored by lazy blog owner.